May 21-22 progress report: Kyoko Sakura, Sakaya Miki, Madoka Kaname
1. Maya’s finished spearhead. She used red marker on the back of the resin gem to brighten the gem’s pigmentation.
2. Maya spraypainting her spear pole in my garage.
3. Gems inset into the bow. Dad carved these out with a router.
4. Maya fixed Sayaka’s sword by blending out the curve with wood filler.
5. Used Paperclay to hold the gems in place and shape out the diamond sections nicely. Fair warning: Paperclay takes quite some time to dry (no baking involved, just air drying), though it sands beautifully once it dries.
6. Where I left the bow last night.
7. Placement of leaves and flower after holes were drilled for them.
8. Present state of my bow; it has caulking drying on it. After this I just need to gesso and paint it.
9. Setup for airbrushing my skirt petals.
10. Airbrush aftermath. I’M SO FUCKED UP
HOME STRETCH HOME STRETCH